New bus boarding platform installation
Thursday, November 7, through December 2019 M14 A/D SBS buses will bypass stops under construction for about 6 days each.
Phase 1: 7 AM Thursday, November 7, until approximately November 14, westbound M14 A/D SBS buses skip the westbound 7th Avenue stop.
Phase 2: 7 AM Wednesday, November 13, until approximately November 20, westbound M14 A/D SBS buses skip the westbound 5th Avenue stop.
What’s the work? With our partners at NYC DOT, we’re installing new bus-boarding platforms as part of the 14 St Transit & Truck Priority Pilot. NYC DOT has successfully installed the platforms at other locations throughout the city to make it easier for customers to get on and off buses, give more room for pedestrians on the sidewalk, and help buses move faster as there’s no need to pull over to the curb saving up to a minute per stop.
What’s happening to service? While we work, M14 A/D buses will bypass stops for no more than 6 days. We’re installing the platforms in phases so you’ll continue to have service at your next closest stop—we won’t work at two stops in a row. As soon as we’re done working at one stop, we’ll move on to the next stop in our plan and buses will resume service. Here’s our schedule:
• Westbound Seventh Avenue stop, Phase 1: 7 AM Thursday, November 7, until approximately November 14
• Westbound Fifth Avenue stop, Phase 2: 7 AM Wednesday, November 13, until approximately November 20, westbound M14 A/D SBS buses skip the westbound 5th Avenue stop.
• Westbound Irving Place stop, Phase 3
• Westbound Eighth Avenue stop, Phase 4
• Eastbound University Place stop, Phase 5
• Westbound Sixth Avenue stop, Phase 6
• Eastbound Eighth Avenue stop, Phase 7
What should customers do? Use the next closest M14 A/D stop. We’ll be posting signs at impacted stops and you’ll be able to see the map if you’re not sure where to go. If you have questions about bus service, call 511 or tweet us @nyctbus