Updated August 8, 2020
Updates as the region reopens
- Remember to wear a mask or face covering. They’re required when you ride with us.
- Off-peak fares are in effect.
- We’ve reopened Grand Central Terminal’s lower level, and some retailers are open for takeout and delivery.
- Some ticket offices are closed. These ticket offices are open weekdays only:
- Grand Central Terminal, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- White Plains, 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
- Stamford, 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- These ticket offices are open during rush hours, 6-10 a.m. and 4-8 p.m.:
- New Haven
Metro-North service changes
Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines
We're increasing service on the Harlem, Hudson, and New Haven lines as ridership increases during the region’s reopening. We will continue to add trains as demand grows.
West of Hudson service
The Pascack Valley and Port Jervis lines have resumed regular service. Note that peak fares will be in effect during peak times.
Changes to branch service
On the Danbury Branch
- Regular train service resumed on Monday, July 13.
On the New Canaan Branch
- Trains are operating hourly.
On the Waterbury Branch
- There is no train service. Buses will run approximately every three hours. See the bus schedule.
On the Wassaic Branch
- Weekdays: Trains will operate every two hours between Southeast and Wassaic.
- Weekends: There is no service between Southeast and Wassaic.