New timetables take effect on all LIRR branches on Monday, November 13. These changes adjust service levels to match where our data shows customers are riding.
Major weekday changes are outlined below. Riders should check the TrainTime app or schedules to plan their trips and view additional minor changes that may affect their departure and/or transfer times, including on weekends.
- The 5:24 a.m. train from Wantagh will originate in Babylon at 5:04 a.m., make local stops along the branch, and run to Atlantic Terminal instead of Grand Central.
- A new weekday train departs Penn Station at 2:38 p.m., stopping at Jamaica and Rockville Centre then making all stops to Babylon.
- The 7:24 p.m. train from Atlantic Terminal to Freeport will terminate at Jamaica. Transfer there to the 7:52 p.m. train towards Wantagh, making the same stops.
- The 7:40 p.m. train from Grand Central to Babylon will no longer run. Use the TrainTime app to find alternative travel options.
Port Washington Branch
- Based on community feedback, we’re making several changes to morning rush hour service to provide more express trains from Nassau County to Penn Station. After these changes, all five westbound trains departing Port Washington between 6 a.m. and 8 a.m. will run to Penn Station, and four of them will be express west of Great Neck.
- The 6:47 a.m. train from Port Washington will leave at 6:42 a.m., no longer stop at Little Neck, Douglaston, or Bayside, and run to Penn Station instead of Grand Central, arriving at 7:22 a.m.
- The 7:19 a.m. train from Port Washington will run non-stop from Great Neck to Penn Station, arriving at 7:54 a.m.
- The 6:28 a.m. and 7:03 a.m. trains from Great Neck will add stops at Little Neck and Douglaston.
- The 7:38 a.m. train from Little Neck will start in Great Neck and run to Grand Central instead of Penn Station.
- The 7:54 a.m. train from Port Washington to Penn Station will leave 1 minute earlier and add a stop at Bayside at 8:09 a.m.
- The 7:11 p.m. train from Port Washington will run to Penn Station instead of Grand Central.
- The 8:44 p.m. train from Grand Central to Port Washington will run from Penn Station instead.
- The 5:30 a.m. train from Ronkonkoma will run to Atlantic Terminal instead of Grand Central.
- Westbound midday trains from Ronkonkoma that currently run to Penn Station will run to Grand Central and vice versa to provide more evenly spaced service west of Jamaica.
- The 7:01 and 7:49 p.m. trains from Grand Central to Ronkonkoma will no longer run. Use the TrainTime app to find alternative travel options.
- The 11:23 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma to Penn Station will no longer run. The 11:50 p.m. train from Ronkonkoma will run to Penn Station instead of Grand Central.