April Board Meeting Updates
Because of the ongoing COVID-19 public health crisis, we changed how our April 2020 board meeting worked. The MTA Chairman convened a one-day, virtual board and committee meeting on Wednesday, April 22.
The meeting included the full MTA board and the following committees:
- Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad
- New York City Transit
- MTA Bridges and Tunnels
- Capital Program Oversight Committee
We want to do everything we can to keep the public, our employees, and our board members safe and healthy.
April 2020 MTA Board/Committee Meeting
In order to ensure public participation, we made an online form and phone number available so people could register to provide a comment. All comments were delivered to the Board. We played 30 minutes of comments at the meeting on Wednesday, April 22.
Schedule for meetings and public comment
Monday, April 20: Public comment registration
- 10-11 a.m.: Registration for public comments online or via phone.
- 12-5 p.m.: Registered speakers submit comments via video or over the phone.
Wednesday, April 22: Board Meeting
- 10 a.m.: Joint Board/Committee meeting begins. We’ll play public comments for all board members for 30 minutes. After that, we’ll make all public comments available online.