Holiday travel tips
- To save time, tap and go with OMNY, our contactless fare payment system. You can use it on the subway and buses. Reduced-Fare customers can use it, too.
- Traveling on the Long Island Rail Road or Metro-North? Use the TrainTime app to check schedules and buy tickets.
- If you're traveling out of LaGuardia Airport, consider using the free Q70 SBS LaGuardia Link. The bus takes travelers to the airport from the at Jackson Hts-Roosevelt Av/74 St-Broadway, as well as the at 61 St-Woodside, and the LIRR at Woodside.
- If you're traveling out of JFK Airport, remember that you'll have to use AirTrain for the last leg of your trip. The AirTrain fare is $8.25, is separate from your subway, bus, or LIRR fare, and can be paid using OMNY or MetroCard.
- Check out our Planned Service Changes before heading out to ensure you have the most up-to-date information for your trip.
- Subscribe to the MTA Weekender, a newsletter sent every Friday with weekend service updates for the subway, Long Island Rail Road, and Metro-North Railroad.
Thursday, November 23: Subways will operate on a Sunday schedule. There will be additional service on theand the 42 St Shuttle in the early morning.
Some subway station entrances and exits along the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade route will be closed.
Friday, November 24: Subways will operate on a regular weekday schedule.
Thursday, November 23: Buses will operate on a Sunday schedule. Many buses in Manhattan may experience delays, and will be affected by reroutes, detours, and/or frozen zones, especially those routes operating in Midtown near the parade route. Plan a trip to see the latest schedules.
Friday, November 24: Buses will operate on a reduced schedule. Most routes will be running, but they may come less often. Limited-stop service will not run on some routes in Queens and Staten Island. Plan a trip to see the latest schedules.
Long Island Rail Road
Wednesday, November 22: The LIRR will operate on a regular weekday schedule. In the interest of safety, alcohol will not be allowed on trains, stations or platforms from 8 p.m. Wednesday to 5 a.m. Thursday.
Thursday, November 23: The LIRR will operate on a weekend schedule. Extra trains will run to and from Manhattan on the Babylon and Ronkonkoma branches before and after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade.
Friday, November 24: The LIRR will operate on a regular weekday schedule. Off-peak fares will be valid on all trains.
Wednesday, November 22: The New Haven Line will operate on a Friday schedule. All other lines will operate a weekday schedule. Extra outbound trains will run in the early afternoon on most lines.
Thursday, November 23: The Hudson, Harlem, and New Haven lines will run on a special schedule, with enhanced service before and after the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade. The Port Jervis and Pascack Valley lines will run on a weekend schedule.
Friday, November 24: Metro-North will operate on a Saturday schedule on all lines, with extra service in the morning and evening rush periods.