About our apps
Our flagship apps, MYmta and TrainTime, make it easy to find your best transit option, whether you’re traveling on the subway, bus, Long Island Rail Road, or Metro-North Railroad.
Our apps include tools that help you easily navigate your trip. You can plan and save trips, see real-time arrival and service status information, and get help right in the apps. And with our new TrainTime app, you can buy tickets for your LIRR and Metro-North trips.
- Plan your trip: Personalize subway, bus, or rail trips, and see trips with the fewest transfers, fastest time, or least time walking.
- Real-time service status: See real-time arrival information for subways, buses, and railroads.
- Save frequent trips: Bookmark your favorite subway, bus, or rail lines, or your frequently visited stations and stops. You can save your trips and view schedules to plan ahead.
- Nearby stations: View stations or stops near you on a map so you can find the MTA service closest to you, along with walking distances.
- Planned service changes: Look up planned service changes that will affect your travel.
- Elevator and escalator status: See which elevators and escalators throughout the MTA system are out of service.
We've combined three apps into one to provide a seamless experience for Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad customers. The TrainTime app includes schedule and train-tracking information for both LIRR and Metro-North, along with the ticket-buying functionality that you previously used in MTA eTix. Learn more about using TrainTime.
- Plan your trip: View Long Island Rail Road and Metro-North Railroad trips before you travel, including real-time status and track information. You can also share trips with family and friends.
- Buy tickets: You can purchase one-way or round-trip LIRR and Metro-North tickets, along with 10-Trip, 20-Trip, weekly, monthly, CityTicket, Reduced-Fare, child and family fare, and military tickets. If you previously had an eTix account or purchased tickets in the app, your tickets will automatically carry over to TrainTime.
- Saved trips: Save your favorite trains and trips for easy access.
- View service status and alerts: See real-time arrival and status information, along with incidents on your branch or line.
- Nearby trains and stations: View stations near you so you can find the trains closest to you.
- Track your train and your location: Follow your trip with real-time GPS tracking. You can also see how crowded your train is and position yourself on the platform before it arrives.
- Simple login: Access your tickets purchased in eTix using your existing account information — or create a new account using your Apple ID, Google account, or a text message.
- Notifications: Get notified when there’s a major event disrupting service systemwide.
- Chat with us: Text with a customer service representative for either LIRR or Metro-North within the app.